No flights, trips until April 10

Share on facebook
SHARE THIS STORY
Share on twitter
TWEET IT
Share on email
Email

The request of Western Visayas officials for the suspension on flights and trips from the National Capital Region and the provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal, or “NCR plus”, as well as from Cebu, was approved by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases.

The week-long travel moratorium took effect from April 4 to 10.

Flights from the “NCR Plus” to Western Visayas are temporarily suspended until April 10, 2021. | Bacolod City PIO File Photo

Negros Occidental Gov. Jose Lacson said that the travel ban will surely affect the schedule of travelers, but the health of the greater number should take precedence.

Iloilo City Mayor Jerry Treñas said  the moratorium on travel to Western Visayas due to surge of Covid-19 cases, had been confirmed to him by Department of the Interior and Local Government Undersecretary Epimaco Densing III.

As of April 3, Negros Occidental has 418 Covid-19 cases, from its lowest of 58, on February, records of the Provincial Incident Management Team showed.

Of the 7,556 cases since March 23 last year, 6,911 already recovered and 227 died.

Lacson said the current surge in active cases in Negros Occidental is a “cause for concern that needs the cooperation of everyone.”

Despite the upsurge, the municipalities of Salvador Benedicto, Candoni, Hinobaan, La Castellana, Manapla and Moises Padilla have zero active cases, while San Carlos City has the most number of cases with 78.

Lacson reiterated his appeal for Negrenses “to minimize social gatherings and now wear double masks, aside from adhering to the other health protocols.” – GB