CHERYL G. CRUZ
The Bago City Hall and all its allied offices will be closed Sept. 24 for general disinfection.
Work from home arrangement will be strictly observed by all city employees, while “new” normal operations will resume Sept. 27, the city announced on The Citybridge, its official Facebook page, this afternoon.
The city also said that coronavirus deaths in Bago breached the 100-mark with five logged Sept. 21, and one new death Sept. 22.
Bago recorded 35 COVID-related deaths in the first 22 days of this month, it added.
A returning resident was the first death recorded in Bago August 2 last year, and remains as the only LSI mortality. The 100 other deaths, as of Sept. 22, were all domestic cases.
Ninety-seven percent of the COVID mortalities were unvaccinated, while three percent had received the first dose against the coronavirus.
The city government, led by Mayor Nicholas Yulo, is appealing to everyone to take COVID-19 seriously.
Yulo described the increasing number of deaths “as a pandemic within a pandemic”.
He stressed the importance of vaccination and called on all Bagonhons anew to register and get vaccinated.
Yulo is also reminding everyone to strictly follow the health protocols, such as the wearing of face mask and face shield in enclosed areas, and regular washing of hands with soap and water, or sanitizer.
He encouraged Bagonhons to stay at home and avoid crowded places.
The City Health Office, meanwhile, is calling on the public to be responsible when they are experiencing COVID-like symptoms by isolating themselves and immediately reporting their condition to health authorities.
That way, they will be able to protect their families, loved ones, and co-workers, the CHO said. – CGC