• GILBERT P. BAYORAN
One the five suspected New People’s Army (NPA) rebels arrested last month in Talisay City, Negros Occidental has 33 pending arrest warrants, a ranking police official said Thursday, May 21.
PCol. Dennis Wenceslao, director of Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office, identified the rebel leader as Glenmar Bacusmo of Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay.
He was reported by the police as a leader of the dismantled Northern Negros Front.
In a press briefing at Camp Aguinaldo in Quezon City, Wenceslao revealed that Bacusmo is facing cases of multiple murder, frustrated murder, robbery, violation of International Humanitarian Law, genocide and illegal possession of firearms.
Bacusmo, Danny Boy de Baguio, Judy Caramihan, Julie Ann Balora and Jerome Seballos were allegedly involved in the Toboso encounter on April 19.
Wenceslao said that Baguio has seven arrest warrants for frustrated murder.
Bacusmo was also linked to the July 2017 ambush in Guihulngan City, Negros Oriental, where six police officers, including police chief Supt. Arnel Arpon, died.
The apprehension of Bacusmo and four others yielded four caliber .45 pistols with magazines containing ammunition and two fragmentation grenades.
Wenceslao said that Balora is the sister of Genevieve, who was among the 19 killed in the Toboso clash. | GB



