Negros Power fully restores electricity in service areas

SHARE THIS STORY
TWEET IT
Email

After enduring the successive blows of Typhoons Tino and Uwan on Nov. 4 and 9, Negros Electric and Power Corp. (Negros Power) announced the full restoration of power across its franchise area.

As of Nov. 27, 100 percent of all lateral lines have been re-energized, restoring electricity to nearly 250,000 customers.

Negros Power operates in the cities of Bacolod, Silay, Talisay, and Bago as well as the municipalities of Murcia and Don Salvador Benedicto.

In a press release, Negros Power management extended its gratitude to government officials, barangay leaders, volunteers, augmentation teams, contractors, and most importantly, the company’s linemen and technical crews. “Their collective effort made the accelerated restoration possible. This accomplishment reflects the true Bayanihan spirit,” it said, acknowledging how communities and response teams worked hand-in-hand to fast-track recovery operations.

Last week, Energy Secretary Sharon Garin, through a social media post by the Department of Energy, lauded the company’s rapid and coordinated response.

“We commend the Negros Power teams and the resilient communities who have united to restore electricity with extraordinary speed and safety, even in the wake of such devastating storms,” Garin said.

With households and businesses now largely re-energized, communities across the Negros Power franchise area are already resuming their daily routines. ||

OPINIONS